Even minor vibrations can be disruptive.
Vibration transmission is complex. Vibrations may be transmitted through both structural connections such as ground-borne transmissions and through airborne sound contacting a surface.
As a result, sources can be hard to identify in buildings and costly to reduce in transportation systems.
Analyzing how railway and road vibrations impact residential communities is especially important now, as cities continue to expand and new land is developed.
We work with city planners, engineers, architects, building owners and other community members to provide:
- Regulatory compliance with all federal and provincial requirements.
- Frequency analyses, including 1/3 octave and FFT analysis reports.
- Data-rich propagation and attenuation reports.
- Proactive vibration mitigation solutions during the design phase.
- Peak event identification for use in structural analysis.
- Expert recommendations for reducing vibration impact.
How We Work With You
We measure the impact of received vibrations and examine their source.
We assess the characteristics of the measured vibrations including frequency, attenuation and propagation.
We ensure that vibration levels fall within regulatory requirements and meet the appropriate human reaction criteria.
We review ways to reduce and mitigate vibrational impacts with you and recommend the most cost-effective strategies.